Updated Patient Safety Measures at Our Office
Infection control has always been extremely important to us at Flushing Oral Surgery and Dental Implants. We assure you that we will continue to adhere to all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (NYSSOMS). Rest assured that your safety and well-being is our top priority!
Safety Precautions for Patients and Staff
We’ve made some key updates to our office protocols in order to ensure your safety. These precautions have met and continue to exceed all NYSSOMS, OSHA, CDC, and ADA guidelines.
You will find the following changes when you visit our office:
- Additional hand and sanitizer, soap, and water are always available in each operatory and our reception area for patients and staff.
- A one-way flow throughout our office helps maintain social distancing.
- We follow and exceed all OSHA guidelines in terms of sterilization and disinfecting of all surfaces and each room between patients.
- We’ve strategically installed Surgically Clean Air air purifying units in the reception area, in our operatories, and throughout our office.
- Every member of our staff is required to wear PPE, including N95 masks, face shields, surgical cap and scrub tops and bottoms with gowns, in the operatories.
Changes and Requirements
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We’ve made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- When you first arrive, you will be asked several screening questions.
- Bring your own mask with you when you come in for an appointment. We will not allow anyone to enter our office without a mask.
- We will request that you wash your hands before entering the surgical suites for consultations and for procedures.
- Our waiting room no longer offers magazines, and it has been reconfigured to accommodate social distance seating of 6 feet and more.
- Appointments will be arranged to allow for social distancing between patients which may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Thank you for your patience.
- We will allow more time between patients’ appointments to reduce waiting times for you and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any given time.
If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or about our standards and procedures, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at Flushing NY Office Phone Number 347-943-1960
Comments are closed.